Wednesday, May 26, 2010
WordPress
At first I was intimidated by WordPress, especially since I was mentally lumping it with Drupal, and I am still very intimidated by that one. But after playing around with it for a few hours, I really like the program! I feel like I have a lot more autonomy than I do with Blogger, but it's not over my head. However, I can't help but feel like I do not yet have a full understanding of the program, as I do not know how to actually start the blog/webpage (Dr. O. took care of this step for us). Once the maymester is over and I have more time, I would like to actually download the program and play around with it more. I wonder if this is the program that other MLIS students have been using to digitize their portfolios? I think that it would be well-suited for this purpose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I believe you're right about the possibility of using WordPress to build your portfolio for graduation and after. I registered a domain name and built a website for mine, using the freebie web site they provide with registration. It works, but it has ads...not the way that I'd want to keep things in the long run. WordPress is a definite possibility.
ReplyDelete